Rehabilitation is a word we use for people who have either become addicted to a substance and stopped using it or someone who has broken the law and done their time in jail to repay their debt to the society in which they have broken the law to begin with.
I have the opinion that rehabilitation is a word used for an over rated load of shit, there is no recovering from being addicted to anything, and there is certainly no rehabilitation for people who get put behind the walls of jails.
In fact they come out of institutionalised life far worse than before they went in.
We have no idea what actually happens to those who are put into jails and the likes of, as they are forced to succumb to the high achy of the system.
Often being degraded like dogs, as the alpha male or female of the pack sniffs their fresh meat before proving to the new members of this inside hell hole who the alpha leader is.
This in my mind is as bad if not worse than the crime that put them into the system to begin with and certainly is no means of retabulating a person who has broken any laws.
As for the good old 12 steps well my thoughts on them are simple, we are replacing a substance per say with a belief, which I only say belief because the majority of 12 step programmes involve god somehow saving us, after we admit to ourselves we had a problem with addiction in the first place.
Now being addicted to any given substance, does not mean that a person is going to instantly admit that there is any problem far from any need to enter into any 12 step programme, for those who do enter into the 12 step programmes, I wonder how many of you actually see this through to the 12th step let alone stay up there.
The success rate in rehabilitation here in Australia is 70%, leaving a huge gap of 30% who do not make it through the programme.
Makes me wonder if it is time to re-evaluate the 12 step thing overall.
As for those who make it to the 12th step and fall off for whatever life’s shitty reason may be, they are left feeling as though they have failed in some way shape or form, as they begin again with their tails between their legs.
In my mind the words recovered addicted or recovered offender are non-existent.
There is no such fucking thing, an addict is an addict even If they have detoxed from the substance they were initially addicted to or not, they are still addicted to the fucking thing, and an offender is simply still an offender regardless of how long he or she has spent in jails, living a life of fucking pure hell.
Society has just made up some word, to make it seem more acceptable.
We have pulled this god thing into the equation making it seem like forgiveness is impending once you believe.
What a load of shit!
We replace one thing to put in its place an unrealistic non sustainable un obtainable goal for mere humans to continue to fail at.
I somehow do not understand the point of it other than those who run these so call rehabilitation facilities lining their own pockets from people who have found themselves at the end of one of life’s dead end streets.
How on earth can this be right, let alone fucking humane? Oh that’s right, the majority of society have said its ok, therefore it must be right.
Majority rules, and norm are two of the next sickest things that we the human race have somehow allowed to take over how we think what we do, and how we treat others, with the need to belong that humans have so deeply imbedded into their way of thinking, and the want to fit into the group or pack we will stop at nothing to succeed in feeding the need to be a part of what is classed as socially acceptable.
Therefore generation after generation will continue to build their hopes on this bullshit rehabilitation that has found its own way into a system of conforming within society and people will continue to conduct studies on other humans and call it science, yet we will never be who or what we are supposed to be as we keep cutting away at what we are.
Sick and sad, we continue to strive towards the unrealistic goals we somehow set ourselves, yet forever knowing that we will never actually be whatever it is that we are trying to be.
Twisted little pack animals, we are carnivorous meat-eating beings that continue to use additives, preservatives, food colouring and more chemicals as we grow into nothing more than one oversized disorder.
The very disorders that we continue to try to understand to place chemical strait jackets on and continue to create, yet never owning what we do, never looking at how things are, and accepting that we are the cause rehabilitation is required within society.
We have caused there to be a need to place a name on the monsters that mankind itself has created, therefore the 12 step programme, and the likes of including the jail system is nothing more than a way of making our own selves feel as though we are still in some kind of control of a beast that is untameable.